Friday, June 8, 2007

Tickety-boo!

You know that phenomenon when you first hear a word and then you hear it everywhere? Well that's happened twice this week. The first was "tickety-boo" - which is just fun to say. You can tell I'm seeing much more British TV lately. I don't remember where I first heard it, but it was all over last night's episode of The Ghost Squad.

The other word (well really acronym) I learned last week, I'm almost embarrassed I didn't know about earlier. It's JSON. I was playing around with some javascript for the first time in a few years and stumbled across it. It's fascinating to see how folks are creative in building up constructs given the fixed set of building blocks they already have. Here's a good intro to JavaScript Object Notation if you don't already know about it.

And true to the (you now here it everywhere) even Don Box had a recent discussion about it.

No comments: