Celebrated my first "Australia Day Long Week-End" by having a BBQ and wearing lots of sunscreen.
I've actually been here for the past few weeks - but it's been a little slow in setting things up so I've been incommunicado. Anyone got any recommendations on cell phone (ah I mean "mobile") plans? I've already found the toilet map and the broadband comparo. With a mobile I should be all set! ;-)
7 comments:
Optus pre-paid. :D
Where did you say you are? Sydney?
Hi...
But sometimes being incommunicado isn't that bad. I envy you being in Australia - for some reason I love it and the people living there.
Glad you're getting settled in Jessica. But can you keep the sunscreen comments to a minimum? I mean, really, have some compassion!
G'Day,
Can't really advise on cell phone plans since I have no idea whatsoever of your usage (ie text messaging, international rates, etc).
But I just thought now you're an Aussie there's a couple of sites that might be of interest.
1) Whirlpool forums - all things telco Australian-style: http://www.whirlpool.net.au/
2) TechTalkBlogs - you may have come across this one, it aggregates all Australian techie/programmer bloggers: http://www.techtalkblogs.com/
3) Also, in case you don't know this one yet - one of the biggest programmer get togethers happens in Wagga yearly and is at the end of March - http://www.codecampoz.org/
You probably know all this already, but it never hurts to share I guess!
Welcome to the country! :)
Thanks! I'm thinking prepaid until I figure it out for real. I am in the Sydney area. (Wearing sunblock #30 Shawn).
Great links - thanks! I didn't know about all of them.
Hey,
Hope you had fun in the sun here.
Mobile Plans
Optus, Vodafone and 3 are pretty much good, Just look at three thinks what are you getting.
Optus and Vodafone has good prepaid options which are higly recommended. Look at your mobile use and where you are calling more and with what network your friends are.
If calling more overseas from Mobile, I'll recommend Optus Pre- Paid Cap Plan.
If calling more within australia than both optus or vodafone pre-paid is good. Vodafone is good with the pricing for calling in australia.
I don't recommend Telstra much as it is over priced as specially plans.
If you are going on a plan 3 is highly recommend and if many friends are on 3 than it will really be good and plus they have some good extra for a small price a month.
Well look at the plan and price and work out what is more cheaper to you, But telstra should be the last resort. and don't get virgin even by mistake.
have fun...
Where are you located.... NSW or Vic
Telstra can be okay if you go for their cap deals for the 3G network (don't worry about NextG, NextG allows u to have 3G access australia wide but very overpriced).
3 have similar capped plans but none of the hassles as Telstra. And they use Telstra backend since Telstra mostly owns them now.
Post a Comment