Friday, December 29, 2006

G'day Australia!

If you've found me here, then you probably already know that I built software at Microsoft for 6 1/2 years - and I'm now setting out to find new adventures in Australia. This will either be a giant mistake or a great decision; I'm hoping for the the latter.

My new years resolutions are: take nothing for granted, learn lots of new things, look both ways twice before crossing the street, and stay away from poisonous spiders and snakes.

Especially the hoop snake.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you leaving Microsoft? or just moving to microsoft australia division?..anyhow,Congrats for you future career!...(and my advise..pls dont join Google ;-)...i personally dont agree that google can withstand until 2010...it will be a just a company in 2010..!NOTE: i am not a google hater

JFo said...

I'm leaving, I'm not sure what my next plans are. I guess that's part of the adventure!

Thanks! =)

Anonymous said...

You'll love Australia, jfo!

If you're ever passing through Albury (on your way between Sydney and Melbourne), let me know! We'd love to have you as a guest at our .NET user group!

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you will enjoy Australia. Canberra is great if you want a quiet and clean city to visit or stay in. Lots of IT going on here too, especially government contract work.

BTW, beware of the drop bears as well. :P

Unknown said...

Good luck JFo and have fun in Australia! Try and watch some cricket when you get a chance - it is fun if you have the patience :-)

Anonymous said...

Its a loss!!!!!

I wish you best of luck. Does this mean you are just quitting and going to Australia and not planning to work on things .NET anymore??

Anonymous said...

We will miss you/your postings

Anonymous said...

Good luck to you in Australia! So where to in Australia?

I must admit I learnt a whole lot of tricks reading your blog posts and DL threads.

Hey.. UI won't be as much fun without you around :)

-Amit

Anonymous said...

As an Australian developer who has enjoyed and learnt a great deal from your posts... "Struth! Welcome to Australia, Mate!" :)